Search
Read Mittar e-Paper
 
This is your new blog post. Click here and start typing, or drag in elements from the top bar.
Picture
This village going by the name of Bazurgwal is located on the Gujrat-Bhimber road at a distance of about 24 kilometers from Gujrat. Lala Musa is its railway station and tehsil headquarter. The village can be approached from here.
There is a Gurdwara in the memory of Guru Hargobind in this village. He had stayed in this village while he was coming to Gujrat from Kashmir
There used to be three Gurdwaras in this village but none of them survived undamaged. Two have been wiped out completely while some marks of this historic place remain but you cannot say that its a Gurdwara until the same is specifically pointed out.


 
 
Dinga is a very famous town of tehsil Kharian (Gujrat district). Jagat Guru Nanak Dev Ji had visited the place. A shrine called Nanak Sar had been built outside the town near Mandi Bahauddin road. It has now collapsed. Now there is a bus stand at this site. The well which provides water to the the tank on the other side of the wall coustructed along the road, is in the field and reminds of the by gone days.
When Jagat Guru Nanak Dev Ji set foot here a Hindu ascetic had set up a drama. He made public announcement to the beat of drum that he would meditate for forty days without eating. Gur Dev Ji stopped the public announcement. When the ascetic completed his 40 days, he fainted when he witnessed that none had come to,see him. Then Guru Dev Ji announced to the beat of drum that this ascetic was lying that he had spent forty days without food as he had been feeding himself with his ego and without destroying it no one can be a Jogi, soofi, sant or faqir.

 
 
Picture
The Patshah of Meeri and Piri Secular and Temporal Guru Hargobind Ji stayed in this place while on his way back from Kashmir. The place is located inside Kabuli Gate. Some chroniclers have also used the name of "Haveli Chhenvi Patshahi" (Mansion of the 6th king) for this place. The building is elegantly built and presently it is occupied by refugees. These e6ple have made alterations in the building to suit their requirements. Rent is collected by the Wagf~Board.

The Shrine of Shah Daula Ji is also located in this city. Bhai Gadiya met him. Shah Daula listened to the recitation of Sukhmani Sahib from him. Later Shah Ji met sixth Patshahi and made a presentation of 100 tolas of gold to Guru Gobind Singh, which is a part of history. The Shrine of Shah Daula Ji is close to Gurdwara of 6th Patshahi.


 
 
This historical Gurdwara is in Nirankari Bazaar of Rawalpindi. In fact the Nirankari sect was born in this very place. Bhai Dayal Singh was the founder of this sect. Bibi Ladki, daughter of the treasurer of Deshmesh (Tenth Guru), gave him birth on 15th Visakh Samvat 1840 (1783 AD). His father was Ram Sihai who was a resident of Peshawar. Bhai Dayal Singh went to live with his maternal uncle Mulakkha Singh in Peshawar after his mother Bibi Ladki had died at the age of thirty. He was married again to Mula Devi of Bhera, and had 3 sons from her namely Darbara Singh, Bhara Singh and Ratta Singh. Dayal Singh used to recite the word "Nirankai" and opposed idol worship. His companions too were Nirankari as such his followers came to be called Nirankari. This Gurdwara became the centre of Nirankaris. Bhai Dayal Singh died on 18th Magh, Samvat 1911. The samadh of Baba Ji is on the left side of the darbar. There is a small foyer in front of the Samadh and room adjacent to it is Manji Sahib, built in marble, where Palki (carriage) of Guru Granth Ji was kept. The Kesari (saffron) Nishan Sahib (flag) used to be hanging beside it. Prakashasthan is in a spacious hall facing Manji Sahib. Langar is close to it. There are many rooms for the residence of Sangats. It is a 3-storeyed building with a big courtyard. There used to he a volume of Granth Sahib in this Gurdwara written in Samvat 1842. This volume had one extra verse (Shabd) of Namdev Ji whose first line read: "Sat Sainandar Jandi hey Karni dhrt Jaka baito" The marriage ceremony of Bhai Bhola Singh and Bibi Nihal Kaur was solemnised in 1855 in this Gurdwara with great pomp and show. A Sikh by the name ofBoota Singh used to perform Kirtan here. Once he started Kirtan' after drinking wine and he was physically pushed out of the darbar. He went to Murree and Astablished a new darbar. Boota Singh belonged to Attock. He died in Murree due to leprosy. Autar Singh of Peshawar, a baker by profession was his follower. The wave of fake Nirankaris initiated from him. A battle between Fake Nirankaris and Guru's Sikh took place at Amritsar in Visakhi on 13th April 1978. 13 Sikhs died in it. Khalistan movement led by Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale emerged from the waves of this blood. This war is still going on and it is estimated that 160,000 have already laid down their lives for this movement. The Indian army attacked Harmandar Sahib with tanks, guns and air force. As a result of this Prime Minister Mrs. Indira Gandhi was killed as a consequence' of the attack. At present a boy's school is functioning in this Gurdwara. The building is in a dilapidated condition and can become a heap of dust any moment.
 
 
Picture
Mata Sahib Kaur Ji was born in Rohtas village settled within Rohtas Fort in the family of Bhai Ramu Bassi. She was married to Shri Guru Gobind Singh Ji on 18th Visakhi, Samvat 1757. Kalghidhar Guru Gobind Singh Ji was the founder of Panth Khalsa that is why at the time of last rites the saying of Mata Sahib Kaur and Guru Gobind Ji are recited.
The birth place of Mata is in a locality inside the main gate. The domed Janamasthan is visible behind the houses from a distance of about 100 steps from the entrance to the locality. It always remains locked. It was repaired during the reign of Maharaja Ranjit Singh. The old building was later demolished and this new domed structure was built, but today that too is withering away.
On January 4, 2005, Pakistan's Government threw open the Mata Sahib Kaur Gurdwara for pilgrims. The gurdwara had been out of bounds since Partition in 1947. The gesture by the Pakistan Government coincided with the tercentenary of the martyrdom of Guru Gobind Singh’s two younger sons.


 
 
Picture
Quetta is the capital of Baluchistan province. The Gurdwara of Jagat Guru Nanak Dev Ji called Tilganji Sahib is located at Masjid road of the city. Sat Guru graced this city during his third itinerary. When the Guru Ji arrived here devotees came to see him. He honoured the group of devotees by distributing Til (sesame) as parshad (offering) and hence this pious Gurdwara was named as Tilganji. Government Sandeman school is functioning inside this holy shrine. A new school building has been constructed on the vacant land of the Gurdwara. The main gate of Gurdwara takes after a mosque and inside there is a beautiful and strong building with dome. The inn for the stay of the visitors, dining hall and Prakashasthan are very beautiful. Sangat of Quetta has filed a low suit in lower court to get back the possession of the Gurdwara.

 
 
Picture
Gurdwara Kali Devi is situated in Topanwala on the main road just beyond the crossroad. Workshops have closed in the former temple to Kali , but its spire can still be seen hanging over the surrounding structures from the street and alleyways.

It is said that when Jagat Guru Nanak Dev Ji came to this city during the course of his fourth world travels that this temple or Mandir was used for the worship of Kali, a Hindu Goddess .

Guru Nanak Dev stayed at some distance from the temple of Kali, but the moment he entered the town the murti of Kali is said to have toppled to the ground. The priest lifted the murti and attempted to prop it up, only to watch it fall again. Some one, watching this sight from the side, posited:

"A sant has come here and maybe this is happening due to his presence." The priest went to him. Guru Nanak Dev Ji explained the meaning of one Lord to him and advised him to be one of His devotees. After this incident the worship of idols was abolished and Prakash of Guru Granth Ji was begun.

But the lure of old habits and ways fits one like a pair of well worn shoes, so as time passed the the priests once again placed the idol of Kali Devi. This temple has come to be known as Gurdwara Kali Devi to commemorate this event. A school is presently housed in the premises where the SGGS is now absent.


 
 
Picture
Phoola Singh Ji was a renowned general of Maharaja Ranjit Singh. He was born in the family of Sardar Ishar Singh in Samvat 1818. He performed great services for the Sikh nation and gurdwaras by activating the Akali Dal. A tower built in his memory is in Amritsar and there are special quarters for his contingent. Akali Ji led the army of Ranjit Singh in many battles and emerged victorious. He martyred while fighting Frontier Pathans on 14th March 1823 AD (1st Chaiter Samvat 1879). Later his samadh was erected here. This place is at a distance of 8 kilometer while traveling towards Attock from Noshehra (a town of Peshawar District). It is in village Pir Sabaq on the other bank of the River Lundi about 4 kilometer from GT road. It is not accessible without a boat. Its construction is beautiful but no maintenance is being carried out these days. There is large endowment of land which Mahant tried to sell. A suit was filed against him in 1916 which was decided in 1918. He was dismissed and the control of the same was handed over to Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee in 1918. In the past fairs used to be organised on Visakhi and Dasehra but that's history now.

 
 
Picture
This historical shrine is located in Mohalla (locality) Ganj of Peshawar city. It is also known as Gurhatri and Dharamsala Baba Sri Chand. According to the older biographies Guru Nanak Ji, came here during his fifth itinerary. A Muslim leather merchant named Abdur Rehrnan presented Sat Gur with a pair of shoes. Guru Nanak Dev Ji was very pleased and in return give him his old pair of shoes. It remained with his family for the next four generations. Then Rahim Khan took it to Hoti Mardan and left it in charge custody of Sardar Sant Mota Singh and then never came back. He gave this sacred pair of shoes to his friend Manna Singh. His adopted son Bhai Natha kept it with love and devotion. In 1934 AD it was present in the house of a friend named Gur Bukhsh Singh. Baba Sri Chand built a Dharamsala over the site of the Abdur Rehman's shop which came to be called Guru Hatri and Dharamsala Baba Sri Chand. Only one door of the sacred place is standing, the remaining building was demolished and had been reconstructed. It now houses a girls school.

 
 
Picture
This Gurdwara is situated in Jogan Shah locality of Namakmandi of Peshawar City where Sangat of Peshawar is held in the morning and evening and Parakash of Granth Sahib takes place.

Joga was the son of Bhai Gurmukh Singh of Peshawar who was converted to Sikhism by tasting Amrit from Guru Gobind Singh. Guru Sahib took Bhai Joga as his godson and always kept him in his presence. At the request of Bhai Gurmukh Guru Gobind Singh allowed him to go to Peshawar for his marriage but to test his devotion, Guru Gobind Singh ordered another disciple to follow him. Guru Dev Ji gave him a proclamation which was to be delivered to Joga after "lawan" (Sikh rite of marriage). The note' said: "Once you see this note, proceed to Anand Pur at once." The currier did accordingly and delivered the note while he was performing Lawan. Joga Singh abruptly left without even completing his Lawan. The marriage rites were completed by giving the remaining Lawan to his belt. On the way this thought entered his mind that there could hardly be any other being who would submit before the will of Guru Gobind Singh like him. When he reached Hoshiarpur he was overwhelmed with lust when he saw the beauty of a prostitute and reached her pleasure hall. Kalghidhar disguised himself as a mace-bearer and started guarding the house of the prostitute to save his devotee from hell. Joga Singh tried to enter the house four times during the night but had to turn back as he ran into the mace-bearer every time. He set out for Anandpur. He sought forgiveness for his folly when reached the court of the Guru. The Gurdwara is constructed as a beautiful 3- storeyed building. Prakash of Guru Granth Sahib takes place and local and foreign sangats meet daily. There is a Punjabi school for Sikh children which imparts secular education alongwith the religious education.